Saturday, April 23, 2016

Back from Oklahoma BCA

Caleb and I just got back from Oklahoma where the 2016 Baptist Communicators Association (BCA) annual workshop was held at Falls Creek Baptist Conference Center.

It was a hectic week, as we were on production for the April 21 edition of the newspaper. We pretty much wrapped it up by Wednesday morning, then drove to Davis, Okla., where the conference center is located.

On the way we visited the hometown of folksinger Woody Guthrie in Okemah, Okla.

It is a huge facility where many churches in the Oklahoma Baptist convention have facilities. I think it is even larger than Ridgecrest and Glorieta.

While there, we visited downtown Oklahoma City and visited the site of the Oklahoma City Federal Building bombing memorial and museum. Caleb and I ate at a great Japanese restaurant there.

Bombing site.
Downtown Okemah, Okla., Woody Guthrie's hometown.
Caleb at Woody Guthrie statue in downtown Okemah.
Woody Guthrie mural.

No comments: