Here's Hannah's testimony for her application as an officer in the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
I asked Jesus Christ into my heart when I was 8 years old, so I don’t have any examples of specific sin in my life. I remember becoming aware of my sin and the need for Jesus Christ. I repented of my sins, prayed the sinners prayer and asked him into my life at a cheerleading camp. I immediately felt his love in my life and I continually try to serve him in all areas of my life.
Sports have always been a very big part of my life. I enjoy being active. I got saved at such a young age and have been blessed to grow up in a Christian home so church has always been a major aspect of my life. I have always had a heart for missions, so I decided to put it in to action and help my youth ministry raise money for a trip to Jamaica. We held Vacation Bible School and sports evangelism camps for children, visited schools, played sports, and had many opportunities to share our faith. I have never seen poverty to that magnitude. I was extremely humbled and would do it again in a heartbeat. I think it is awesome how we went to serve and change their lives but in return they changed mine. My life long goal is to visit and serve the people in Africa! I know it would be an awesome experience and I pray that God will open up those doors for me!
One of my biggest life challenges (so far) occurred over the last two years. In the middle of my freshman year basketball season I received my first concussion. The following year I received two more. The last one was the most sever. I collided with an opposing player. After a trip to the ER and to dozens of doctor visits I was finally told I had to give up the sport I had played since I was four years old. It has been a struggle not being able to play basketball. It was a large part of my life. I didn’t realize how much a part of my life it was until I had to give it up. I have continued to have severe headaches and visit doctors, but I know that God’s hand is on my life. He didn’t cause the accident but has allowed it in my life to help me mature as a person but more importantly in my faith and walk with him. I have had to depend on him and not on my own strength. Philippians. 4:13 teaches us we and do all things through him. I have always believed it was true but I now know that he is there in the most difficult situations. I think we can believe something is true because we read it in the Bible but when we are faced with a situation we cannot control or manipulate and we depend on him it becomes more evident to us just how much a part of our lives he really is and how much he cares for us. God has revealed to me that in Hebrews 12:2-3 “let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and profector of our faith who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shanks and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endeared such opposition from sinful men so that you will not grow weary and loose heart.” It shows Jesus ran his race and kept going through all its difficulties. He won his victory so I think he wants me to win mine. God has allowed me the opportunity play lacrosse. I plan to use this opportunity and others he may provide to share his love with others. I am truly blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment